How to turn cheap fast food into an elegant restaurant?
PESTO restaurant located in Luboń serves Italian cuisine, and its menu is based only on fresh ingredients, combining simplicity with the best flavours. In 2017, the owners opted for a complete rebranding combined with a change of business model, transforming their business from a small bistro selling takeaway portions of pasta into an elegant restaurant serving breakfast and pizzas, as well as offering a wide selection of wine.
- How to change the image of a restaurant that previously sold simple and cheap take-away meals?
- How to adapt the existing architectural design to the target groups the brand wants to attract?
- How to translate the new image of the restaurant into more sites operating as bistros with a take-away offer?
As part of our workshops for the owners and teams creating the brand, we created a new communication strategy, including:
- a new brand language and visual moodboard,
- new target groups for which the communication is created (in Luboń, Poznań and selected surrounding locations),
- guidelines and presentations for all the people involved in the brand’s creation – from architects, managers recruiting the team, to staff, graphic designers and photographers,
- guidelines regarding the new website (more information here),
- a social media communication plan for the initial three months of operation.
Thanks to the new communication strategy
and close cooperation between our team and the architectural office, we managed to introduce minor changes to the restaurant’s interior.
The number of reservations
in the first four weeks of operation after the rebranding exceeded our sales targets by 50%.
PESTO is the most frequently visited
and very highly rated restaurant in Luboń (both by the residents of Poznań and nearby towns).